All Verified Sellers must adhere to the Listing Guide when submitting items for sale on any of The Treasures Auctions Network websites.
The following website specific rules have been introduced by the Treasures Auctions Network to uphold the high standard of products and being sold. Many of the rules below have come about due to the subjectiveness of certain terms in the opal and gemstone industry. These rules are in place to ensure our customers receive a consistent and accurate product.
RULES SPECIFIC TO GEM ROCK AUCTIONS
WHICH CATEGORY DO I LIST UNDER?
‘Actual Stone Category’ Example Tanzanite – DO NOT LIST ITEMS HERE ANYMORE*.
Sub Categories - where the actual listings are to be saved:
- Carvings - Only single carvings
- Cabochons - Only single cabochons
- Gemstones - Only single faceted stones
- Pairs - All Pairs, including pairs of carvings, cabochons & faceted stones
- Parcels - All Parcels, including parcels of carvings, cabochons & faceted stones
- Rough - All Rough, including single pieces of rough, pairs of rough & parcels of rough
- Specimens - All Specimens, including single specimens, pairs and parcels of specimens
*If sub categories do not exist and the system allows, listing in the header category is acceptable. Example: Mineral Specimens.
- If an item has a hole drilled in it this item is to be listed under Beads / Stone Type.
- Imperial Topaz - Stone must be certified by an approved lab and include a color grading stating “Imperial” color.
- Pariaba - This term is reserved for Tourmaline only. Stones must be accompanied by a certificate from an approved lab that also states the element giving the stone its Paraiba color.
- Alexandrite - Stone must show distinct color change from Green to Red.
Stone must be certified by an approved lab and include a grading stating Alexandrite
- Prasiolite - All Green Quartz must be listed as Prasiolite (Green Amethyst). This material is almost always heated or irradiated and heated.
- Hiddenite - Only Green Spodumene that contains the element Chromium may be called Hiddenite. Irradiated green Spodumene from Afghanistan, Paksitan does not contain Chromium and should be referred to as Green Spodumene. It is not to be called Green Kunzite.
- Triphane -
This is the Yellow Variety of Spodumene. It is not to be called Yellow Kunzite.
- Goshenite - This is the colorless variety of Beryl. This is not to be called “White Aquamarine”
- Yellow Beryl / Golden Beryl - This is known as Heliodor. This is not to be called “Yellow Emerald”
- Padparascha - This term is reserved for Sapphire only
- Beryllium Treatment is NOT to be referred to as ‘New Heat’
- Brown/Orange Topaz is to be sold as Irradiated always
- Zultanite - This is a trademarked name and is NOT to be used on our website.
RULES SPECIFIC TO OPAL AUCTIONS
- Harlequin - Seek the approval of the Opal Sheriff before using this term on an Opal
- Opal listed in “No Reserve Opal Online Auctions” must be over 1ct in total.
- Smoked Opal - Treatment must be declared in the title, the description field and system fields if applicable.
- Ethiopian Opal - All listings of Ethiopian Opal Rough or Specimens must include at least the following photos in addition to photos showing the item wet -
- 1 image of the dry Opal Rough / Specimen in your bare hand
- 1 image of the dry Opal Rough / Specimen with light behind it to show cracks / inclusions.
Dry Photo = Rough / Specimen has been out of water for 24 hours or more.
Ethiopian Opal -
All listings of Ethiopian Opal Rough or Specimens must have a description on each photo, either‘Image Taken Wet’ or ‘Image Taken Dry’.
ALL SITES - ITEM LISTING DETAILS
- At time of listing, all details including photos and photos of certificates if applicable must be present
- No placeholder auctions, no “Awaiting listing” auctions, no “Awaiting certification”, no “coming soon” auctions, no store advertising auctions are permitted
- Private auctions must run for a period of 7 days or less and must be removed if not sold immediately
- Item specifics have to be accurate including weight, dimensions, clarity, origin, treatment and quantity
- In the description box – Shape, origin, treatment, clarity, colour, quantity, brief description of the actual item for sale. DO not include Weight or Dimensions on description box, use the system fields
- System fields (Weight, Dimensions, Treatments etc) must be used where applicable
- Do not insert logo’s, links, HTML or anything other than pain text into the description box
- When listing a parcel, fill in the system dimension field as the dimensions of the largest stone in the parcel and be sure to include quantity of items in the item description box. Only if the stones differ greatly in size in a parcel should you list the sizes individually in the Item Description Box.
- If you are selling a parcel the entire parcel must be certified not just 1 item in the parcel.
ALL SITES - ITEM LISTING PHOTOS
- All listings must have at least 2 different photos showing item from different angles or 1 photo & 1 video
- All listings must have a photo of the item being held in your hand, without gloves. This photo must show the size of the stone in ratio to a human hand/fingers
- The primary photo must be a photo of the item, not the certificate if the item is certified
- The primary photo must be a photo of the complete parcel of items if a parcel is being sold
- The photos must be of the actual item being sold, no generic, stock or bulk / multi list photos are permitted
- Images must provide the buyer an accurate representation of the item and must not be over enhanced
- If the item is certified a photo of the actual certificate must be
included. It must be a clear, in focus, legible photo and be able to match
the certificate to the item being sold. Including weight, dimension,
title of item, name of approved lab, etc
- The photos of the item must be yours, not from another person or website.
ALL SITES - ITEM LISTING VIDEOS
- Videos must not have sound unless you are giving a commentary of the item being sold
SELLER STORE DETAILS
- Photos used in Logo’s or hero auctions must be your own.
TERMS THAT NEED THE APPROVAL OF THE SHERIFF’S
- Museum Grade / Quality
- Investment Grade / Quality
- Collectors Grade / Quality
If there are any questions about the listing guide specifics above, please contact the Sheriff.